Rules of Association – Proposed Changes
APPA to enable clubs to nominate board representatives
The APPA Board has agreed to changes to its Rule of Association that will enable all clubs to nominate individual representatives to the APPA Board. These changes are set out in the annotated version of the rules here. In brief, these changes:
• Remove all references to Registered Members from the Rules.
• Make Accredited Players the main form of individual membership of APPA.
• Give Recognised Entities the right to each nominate one member to the APPA Board.
• Maintain the right of State Associations to each nominate one member of the APPA Board.
• Tighten slightly the way in which Recognised Entities are identified and give them responsibility to identify their members who automatically become Accredited Players and to inform APPA who they are.
• Make a number of small consequential changes that are mostly self-explanatory.
The Board believes these changes will give clubs a more direct opportunity to influence the way in which Pitch and Putt is administered in Australia. They will be considered for approval by a Special General meeting of APPA to be held in Canberra at the time of the ACT Championships on 20/21 February, 2016. Players will have the opportunity to express their views on the proposed changes at this meeting.